Monday, January 04, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - January 4, 2021

 


So, what to create for dinners (or as we Hoosiers always say, suppers) this first week in the year 2021. If I'm honest, I will admit that my heart isn't really in the menu plan this time, but that's the way it goes. When you are a planner and someone who likes to have everything structured, you continue to go ahead with the plans regardless of how you feel. Yesterday, I looked through my pantry and freezers before throwing together a plan. 

That's the best way to prepare a weekly menu, you know. The late planning is not ideal, but deciding what you want for meals by using ingredients that you already have on hand is. Being wise in all aspects of our lives is important and spending extra money at the grocery store to prepare whatever sounds good at the time is not the best thing. I want to save money, not spend it all needlessly.

Then, there's the whole thing about how I wanted a large garden and tons of canned (frozen and dried too) goods available in the winter. Now it's winter and I need to be using those foods to feed the family nourishing food. One vegetable that I grew a lot of this last summer is squash. I ran out of good storage places for squash, so I decided to put them under our bed. I read that this is a good idea. I'm happy to say it has been a fantastic place, as the squash are still in great shape and we have been enjoying them since harvest in September.

Happy New Year and may you be blessed in your own planning endeavors.


Monday

Chili 

Muffins

Tuesday

Chicken and Rice

Brussels Sprouts

Wednesday

Sausage Stuffed Squash

Baked Potatoes

Salads

Thursday

Enchiladas

Salads

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

BBQ Ribs

Potatoes

Peas

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: