Monday, January 18, 2021

Menu Plan Monday - January 18, 2021

 

Many years later, and I'm still getting most of my recipes from my collection of cookbooks - real ones that I can hold and sift through. I took most of my menu plan this week from the three books below: The Ohio State Grange Cook Book, Conservation Officers Cooking T.I.P.S., and my mother's handwritten Favorite Recipes. In March of this year, my mom will have been in Heaven for five years. I still miss her dearly and making some of these dishes gives me comfort. After the plan I will share a recipe from that little book.



Monday

Pineapple Glazed Pork Loin Chops
Cornbread
Mixed Veggies

Tuesday

Turkey and Gravy
Baked Potatoes
Stir Fried Zucchini Slices (from freezer)

Wednesday

Goulash
Creole Beans (recipe below)

Thursday

Left-Overs

Friday

Pizza

Saturday

Tacos
Chips & Salsa

Sunday

On Your Own

Creole Beans

2 1/2 cups of green beans
1 TBSP chopped onions
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup chili sauce

Cook onions on medium low in oil until soft. Add beans and salt. Cook until heated through, stirring often. Then add chili sauce and heat well.

No comments: