Monday, January 08, 2018

Menu Plan Monday - January 8


Today is warmer than it has been lately! It is now in the 20's, whereas the temperatures dropped below zero for a couple of weeks ago. Saturday morning we awoke to 20 below! So, 26 degrees F. is balmy. For those really cold days, I go to warming foods like potatoes and rice. I know lots of people are on the low-carb kick, but I find that I need those whole foods that warm my body and keep my full for longer periods of time. Meats and fats continue to make me ill, so I have cut them out completely - for me, that is. The rest of my family appears to be strongly against any sort of vegetarianism or veganism. I am not really either of those. I am focusing on whole foods while eliminating animal proteins. And yes, there is a difference. Vegans often eat quite a bit of processed foods and healthy fats. I can't have those.

So, here is the plan that includes those foods my family loves. Those items that are whole food, plant based are marked with an asterisk.

Monday

Chicken Breasts
*Baked Potatoes
*Green Beans
Yogurt and cupcakes for dessert

Tuesday

Hamburgers (some of them homemade *veggie burgers)
*Brussels Sprouts

Wednesday

Roast Beef
*Potatoes
*Carrots
*Homemade Bread

Thursday

Steaks
*Baked Potatoes
*Salads
*Peas

Friday

Pizza & Pop
(I might try making a WFPB pizza, gluten-free)

Saturday

Sloppy Joes
French Fries
*Salads

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: