Monday, January 22, 2018

Menu Plan Monday - January 22


I am still on track with my whole foods plant based diet. It is going well. The first week, I didn't think ahead enough to prepare myself meals to have while the rest of the family ate meaty/fatty meals. This weekend, I prepared a homemade vegetable soup with yellow potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, frozen corn, organic canned kidney beans, and a pint of my own home grown, home canned tomatoes. I used some organic vegetable broth mixed with water as the base. I added my own dried oregano and some freshly ground pepper and salt. I don't know the ratios. I made it up and it is delicious! I have enough to last me most of the week for lunches or light supper.

I also prepared a pot of lentil sloppy joes. It too is delicious. I ended up freezing some of it for later, as the recipe made more than I think I can eat in a week. I also made some tostones. Again, delicious!

I make tostones periodically and always freeze them between waxed paper. I just mash up two large plantains and put a cup of black beans, a cup of gluten-free flour blend, some chili powder, salt and pepper in the mix. Drop by spoonfuls and bake at 350 F until dry and cooked.

The last thing I made was a gluten-free banana bread. I like it for breakfast sometimes.

Here's what I'm planning for the family for the week:

Monday

Chicken Thighs
Roasted Veggies
Tapioca Pudding
Homemade Bread

Tuesday

Dutch Oven Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Cauliflower

Wednesday

Pot Roast with Vegetables
Salads

Thursday

Left-overs

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Roast Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Baked Potatoes
Herbed Veggies

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: