Monday, February 01, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - February 1


I have had a bad week. We all have those days, weeks, years that wear on us and seem to drag us down. For me, this last week was it. My mom has been housebound for some years and suddenly became worse, is now bedridden. She lives 5 hours away from me and I have struggled with when to go there. It won't be this week, as yesterday I received a call from my bank's fraud department. Someone captured my debit card information and took my husband's entire paycheck - they tried to get more but we are poor and did not have it. We are awaiting our account to be refunded, but it may take a bit of time. I am praying it is very soon. That mishap determined that I cannot go to Indiana to see my mother this week - no gas money (our van is also in need of brake pads). Tomorrow night and into Wednesday is predicted a very large snowstorm with amounts well over 12 inches for our location. That, too, makes it very unlikely that I could drive 5 hours south. So......this is a week for me to focus on prayer and the blessings that God has given me. I am trying to look at it as a learning time - I can do nothing else.

For the menu plan this week:

Monday

Baked Steak in the Crock-pot
Mashed Potatoes
Cumin Roasted Potatoes (Simple & Delicious, Feb/March 2016)

Tuesday

Taco Salads
Chips & Salsa

Wednesday

Gnocchi
Corn
Salads

Thursday

Roast Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Burgers
Roasted Root Vegetables
Salads

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: