Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Many Uses of Coconut Oil





If you have been following natural cures and healthy eating plans, you already know about the benefits of coconut oil. As an avid user of coconut and coconut oil, I thought I would post some interesting facts and uses.


  • Make an all-natural insect repellant that utilizes coconut oil as its main ingredient.
  • Oil pulling: essentially swishing coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes and then spitting it out.
  • Making cold pressed soap.
  • As a homemade lotion for the skin.
  • To replace shortening in recipes
  • Spread a little on toast - it's surprisingly good.
 There are many, many uses for coconut oil. I grease my baking pans with it. I tried to do the oil pulling (above) but I'm not sure it was working right for me. I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of swishing the oil in my mouth without gagging and almost swallowing it. Perhaps you will have a better time of it. Instead of oil pulling to remove toxins, I will continue to drink fresh juice I make with my juicer. That has worked wonders for me.

No comments: