Wednesday, June 17, 2020

My Thoughts in Troubled Times


I love living in the country where things seem to be a bit more peaceful than they are in the cities of this country. Out here, we can roam the grounds without worrying about wearing masks. It's not that COVID-19 can't someday reach us, but we can breathe. Albeit, that breathing may include smelling animals that city folks might find offensive.

Here in the country, we were quarantined like everyone else. In fact, we were quarantined a LOT, because we live in Michigan, the land of excessive rules and quarantines. Every single time another "extension" came down from the governor, it felt as if the sky were falling. People were losing hope, and that can never be a good thing.

You see, we need people.  In a place where it's okay to tell people that the powers-that-be are only doing this "for the health and well-being" of the masses, it's very hard to believe that a healthy person being forced to keep away from other people is for their own good. Especially when the health and well-being of people seems to include allowing abortions to continue all throughout the quarantine.

And that makes me sad and angry at the same time. 

Who was there to fight for the unborn? Who cared about their lives? And how can we believe lawmakers who say they care about human life while they continue to snuff out the lives of the most vulnerable?

We must continue to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Today, fighting for rights is popular. People are fighting for equal rights and some are fighting for special rights above and beyond equal rights. Others are fighting to abolish anyone who doesn't look like them.

This, too, makes me angry and sad at the same time.

I want to say, "Shame on you" to those who have made me look at people a new way, bringing on fear rather than respect.

I have thought little about race in my lifetime because I don't believe that God made races. He made two people, Adam and Eve, from which all the rest of mankind came. What color were Adam and Eve? I don't care. All I ever believed was that God made us all brothers and sisters with varying skin colors. All of them are just gorgeous to Him who made us. When he looks at us, he doesn't see black, white, red, yellow, brown, whatever. He sees us as we are inside; He sees our spirits. 

So, when I hear that "_______ lives matter" (fill in the blank with whatever you wish), I still believe that all lives matter to God the Creator. He loves us enough to have sent His Son to die for ALL of mankind, not just one color or "race". The problem is, we don't get that forgiveness of sin and promise of eternal life unless we receive it as His good and perfect gift. We have to really want that gift and repent of the past.

A final thought on recent matters is my thoughts on the police. My son is a county deputy. This hits me deeply and causes me to lose sleep. We have close friends in police departments. We have family other than my son working for the police. NONE of them would hurt anyone if they could help it at all. They don't deserve the hatred.

A land without order is no land at all. Remember that when the chaos gets out of control. And also remember that you can always lift your eyes to heaven and repent of the past, gaining a future brighter than your wildest dreams.

No comments: