Monday, February 26, 2018

Menu Plan Monday - February 26


Yippee for the last Monday in February! I, for one, can't wait for summer. You heard me. I could easily skip spring and go straight for the hot stuff. Up here in the northern part of Michigan, spring isn't promised and it's usually so much like winter that you wonder if it was ever there to begin with.

As for the menu plan, I am providing one plan for the family who refuses to go whole food, plant based along with me. I am continue to make a plan for myself. The diet is working splendidly. I remain a steady 105 pounds and am enjoying lots of carbs and grains. However, the carbs are all complex carbs that come straight from the food itself. Sugar, for me, is rare. Do I feel healthier? Sometimes. I have allergies and hope they will someday be a thing of the past. As for now, I am plagued by them.

The following plant based plan is mostly taken from Easy. Whole. Vegan., by Melissa King. I borrowed the book from inter-library loan and love it so much that I ordered it from Amazon. It's on its way.

Monday

Quart Jar Salad

Tuesday

Lentil Stew

Wednesday

Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
Chocolate Raspberry Brownies

Thursday

Broccoli Salad

Friday

Polenta Pizza Pie

Saturday

Corn Chowder

Sunday

Leftovers


The following carnivorous plan is taken mostly from the book, Diabetes from the Plate published by the Meredith Corporation. I did sneak in a few of my vegan foods.

Monday

Breaded Fish Filets
Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice

Tuesday

Maple Pecan Pork Chops
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Tossed Salad

Wednesday

Baked Beef Burritos (using corn tortillas)
Salads

Thursday

Cherry Balsamic Meatballs
Acorn Squash
Herbed Basamati Rice

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Burgers
Roasted Potatoes
Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: