Monday, February 06, 2017

Menu Plan Monday - February 6


I am trying to get my family to eat fewer animal products and focus more on whole, plant based foods.

I have not made much headway. They are balking at the idea of cutting out meat and dairy. My husband thinks that since he is a diabetic, he HAS to have animal protein.

I have been sneaking in vegan dishes with mild success (the family can't know it is vegan or I'm sunk). I have not given up.

The plan this week has meat on the menu. We had a lengthy discussion about this last night. I have faith that we'll get there - no matter how long it takes.

Monday

Roast Beef and Potatoes
Carrots
Blueberry Muffins

Tuesday

Grilled Chicken Thighs
Steamed Potatoes
Salads
Zucchini Carrot Cake (vegan if made minus frosting)

Wednesday

Wild Rice Pilaf
Grilled Ham and Cheese

Thursday

Homemade Vegetable Soup
Pork Chops
Gluten-free Brownies

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Round Steak & Gravy
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: