Monday, July 04, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - July 4


Happy Independence Day! We watched the dinky (and I mean dinky) parade here in town this morning. It took all of five minutes but was fun anyway. Tonight we will watch fireworks that the bar across the road puts up every year. They put on a good show and we can watch them from our yard.

I have been diagnosed with chronic acid reflux disease and have struggled to be comfortable. Yesterday and today are the first days I have felt free from the burning in my throat. Such a good feeling! I have been following the advice from a book titled, Killing Me Softly From Inside by Jonathan E. Aviv, MD, FACS (along with the medication my doctor prescribed). The ph chart inside the book has helped me tremendously. Changing the way I eat has been vital in finally getting some of the symptoms to disappear. I gave up coffee and that has been one of the most difficult changes. Also, no chocolate, mint, onions, garlic, or vinegar. Those are all foods that I adore. While it has been difficult at times, I do know that eating differently and purposefully will be a lifelong habit so I can prevent further damage to my esophagus.

The plan for the week (the family's, not necessarily mine) is:

Monday

Meat Loaf
Fried Potatoes
Green Beans
Vegetable Pasta Salad (gluten-free pasta, herbs, no vinegar or mayonnaise)

Tuesday

Beef Tips & Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli

Wednesday

Enchilada Pie
Corn Muffins
Salads
Baked Potato for me

Thursday

Fish & Chips (in foil packets)
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, & Yellow Squash for me

Friday

Pizza & Pop
My pizza is gluten free with no red sauce. No pop for me.

Saturday

Burgers
Baked Beans
Chips & Dip
I will have a turkey burger or veggie burger, no onions or peppers can be in it.

Sunday

On Your Own

More plans on Organizing Junkie's site.

No comments: