Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review - We Bought a Zoo




 After a difficult week, I was ready for some fun. My husband and I both had free movie tickets, so we decided to bring the two youngest children to the matinee showing of We Bought a Zoo. It turns out that the theater let all four of us see the movie for free. What a blessing!

Regardless of what some of the reviews are saying, I'm giving it a full five stars for heart. If they had left out the few cuss and swear words, I would have been a lot happier.

The real storyline is not so much that the family bought a working zoo and made a real go of it, but rather the relationship that the widowed father (Matt Damon) and his children built with each other. I found the film to be believable and well done. I nearly cried, but didn't. If you get a chance to watch it, please do.

No comments: