Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oil Pulling

Before I forget, I want to tell you about something that a friend of mine alerted me to. It's called oil pulling, and it's a natural detox method to rid your body of toxins.

It's an old Hindu thing, (and I don't advocate a religious belief other than Christianity so please don't assume anything like that here - I'm just talking about the health issue), that seems to be working to rid a lot of people's bodies of dangerous toxins. Some are claiming that many ailments from which they once suffered have been cured by pulling oil.

What is oil pulling? It's putting a spoonful of oil - sunflower, sesame, etc. - in your mouth and then swishing it around, chewing it, whatever, without swallowing. After 10, 15, or 20 minutes, spit it into the toilet. The idea is that the toxins in your body are drawn into the saliva and oil in your mouth. You spit it out and it's gone.

If you have done this or know anything about this, I'd love to hear your comments. I find it absolutely fascinating.

No comments: