Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lesson Coming

Be prepared...in a day or two I'll be sharing with you a lesson in soap making. Many people have commented about soap - how do I make it, why do I make it, what's in it. Soap making is not for everyone. Most people will rather buy Ivory in the stores or good handmade soap from a craft show. Why? Because it's a bother and you really don't make that much money on it if you sell it.

I make soap because my son is allergic to commercial soaps and I cannot afford to buy special soap for him already made. You do what you have to do to get by in life. This is one of those things.

So, if you're interested in making a basic bar of vegan soap, check back.

3 comments:

Rocks said...

That sounds very interesting! :) will definitely check back.

Jena Webber said...

Rita, Hi thanks for coming to my blog. I AM interested in soap making, especially the healthy kind. I would love to know how to make: Burt's Bees lemon facial cleanser too--

Here's the link for the swamp dish: http://organizedeveryday.blogspot.com/2009/03/swamp-dish-pasta-verde_01.html

Growth in God said...

That is great! I have been paying 2.50 a bar and wow does it add up!!