Monday, May 04, 2009

Can We Get Along?

I'm chock full of posts tonight...lots of things I want to talk about I guess.

Last night I read an interesting "Been Thinking About" by RBC Ministries' Mart De Haan. In this article, Mr. De Haan discusses the ever growing popularity of the "Emerging Church" and the pros and cons of this movement.

I'm not going to say a whole lot about this subject other than to point you to the article for you to read on your own. I will tell you that I am an Evangelical with a holiness bent, just in case any of you are wondering.

I try to stay open minded, though I do believe that there are a whole lot more "black and white" areas in the Bible than some people believe. That said, I also believe there are a lot of "gray" areas also and that what is wrong for me might not necessarily be wrong for you - an example would be dancing. The Lord has made it clear to me that I should not go out dancing. For you, He might say you are free to dance - though I'm 100% certain there are limits on what type of dancing!

The point is, listen to God speak to you. You'll learn His will as you read and study the Bible, pray, and listen. God still speaks today but our ears are often too stopped up with ourselves to hear Him.

No comments: