Friday, November 21, 2008

Chocolate Snowballs

While in Indiana visiting my mother in the hospital, we stayed with Jim and Shirley who, by the way, have a great Christmas album coming out in a couple of weeks. One evening Shirley and I got to talking about recipes and we ended up exchanging some. I've always wanted to make those light Russian teacake cookies and being a chocolate lover, I was tickled when Shirley said she had a good recipe for the cookie using chocolate chips. It sounds so good that I thought I'd share the recipe with you here.

Chocolate Snowballs

3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
6 oz. chocolate chips
Powdered sugar

Mix together butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat in the egg. Sift the flour and salt together and add to mixture. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while warm and then again when cooled.

No comments: