Friday, July 15, 2011

Saturday Scripture Speaks





Because you Levites did not carry the Ark the first time, the anger of the Lord our God burst out against us. We failed to ask God how to move it properly. 1 Chronicles 15:13 (New Living Translation)

The second half of this verse speaks volumes to me. I'll tell you why in a moment. The context is this: The Ark of the Covenant was not in Jerusalem and David wanted to bring it there. He had not done so because he was afraid - remember what happened when Uzzah touched the ark to steady it? Bad news - God struck him dead. David was afraid to move it after that, and he left it in Obed-Edom's house for three months.

Now, he was ready to bring it back.

This second time, David was more careful. He realized that, "We failed to ask God how to move it properly."

This is the verse that speaks to me. I am a huge Bible student. Prayer, though, is not always the most important part of my life, but it has to be. If I fail to ask God what to do, I set myself up for disaster.

Bible study and prayer go hand in hand. Seek the Lord's will be reading His Word - pray, I mean really pray that you will find yourself in the center of that complete and perfect will. He delights to give you what you ask when it's what He wants too.

But you need to ask God. Ask and ye shall receive. (Matthew 21:22; John 16:24 KJV)

No comments: