Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday - May 20

I completely forgot that this is Thursday! My husband had Thursdays off work for nearly ten years and now that he's working on Thursdays, I forget what day it is. Make sense? Well, anyway, I'm posting a bit for Thankful Thursday now. Laurie at Women Taking a Stand is hosting again this week. Be sure to check out other thankful posts if you get a chance.

This week I finished putting out garden seeds. Next week, if all goes as planned, I'll put out plants - tomatoes, squash, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and whatever else I can fit in. Praise the Lord for a string of beautiful sunny days. Today, the thermometer is topping near 80 degrees. I am truly loving it and took a long walk just to bask in the warmth of it all.

My health problems are going away little by little. Eating food with no gluten in it is helping tremendously. Last week, though, I had two evenings in which I could hold nothing down - Monday and Friday. I could blame a stomach flu if the days had been consecutive. I think it was simply that I did not have the acid reflux controlled with the pill I was taking. I have switched now to a stronger medicine. So far, it seems to be working. Thanks, Lord, for the healing that is taking place in my body.

My second oldest son has begun the summer semester in college. He is doing very well with composition and writing lab - the only classes he's taking this summer. Thanks be to Jesus for showing me that my years of homeschooling the kids has not been in vain.

I was reading in the book of John this morning about the disciples who turned away from Jesus, leaving the 12 who remained. What Jesus taught was hard to understand - and even harder to believe with simple faith. People just weren't ready to make a commitment of any magnitude because they weren't willing to give up everything they had to follow Christ.

This challenges me stand firm in my faith - especially when I don't understand what's going on. Jesus holds the outcome in His hands. My job is to simply believe.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

a plentiful garden is certainly something to be thankful for!

LAURIE said...

thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us today. His blessings are new every morning! -Happy TT!

Denise said...

May we all keep believing.

Pia said...

glad you're doing much better now. God is good!

Unknown said...

Amen... Just to simply believe. Great post Happy TT.