Thursday, April 01, 2010

Thankful Thursday - April 1

Today's Thankful Thursday is found at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

I have been struggling these past months with severe stomach pains and other issues. Last week I finally caved in and saw my doctor. I have to be really near death before I go to the doctor. It has been 4 years since my last visit. All of my blood work came back looking fantastic - except for the gluten test for which I'm still awaiting the result. I strongly suspect gluten because I have pretty much eliminated it from my diet this last week and am feeling 90% better. I thought I was to have a couple of tests done at the hospital today but they are not to be done until next Thursday. They are going to look for ulcers and other stomach problems. I would appreciate your prayers.

This week I'm thankful for summer type weather. Can you imagine 80 degrees in northern Michigan? It's beautiful! Thank you, Lord.

I am thankful that my cholesterol is low and that I do not have diabetes. God is so good to take care of me even though I don't always take care of myself.

I am thankful for my church. Two of my sons are heading down to Florida tomorrow with the church youth group. One of my kids is going as a counselor. Praise the Lord for Christian kids!

I hope all of you are enjoying your week. Have a good one!

2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

We'll be praying for you Rita. Hopefully it is nothing more than an intolerance for gluten.

We're enjoying that weather too.

Here's wishing you a blessed Easter.

Denise said...

You will be in my prayers.