Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Second Honeymoon in Branson?

By now you know that I like the Hilton hotels. When my husband and I honeymooned (many moons ago), we stayed in a couple of them throughout the couple of weeks that we toured the southeast along the Blue Ridge Parkway. They have great rates in the early spring, which is when we were married.

I'm still dreaming of going to Branson, Missouri. It's where I think I want to go when we take a second honeymoon. Of course, I don't know when that will be but I do hope it's not in the faraway future.

Want to know what I want to do in Branson? You'd never guess. I'd like to go to Silver Dollar City - just something I've never done. There's also a lot of shopping (primarily window shopping for me, but fun nonetheless), all within a short distance of the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing.

While browsing the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel's website, I noticed that they have a pet friendly hotel. Why is this important to me? Simple. When we've gone on trips that required motel stays, we had a difficult time finding any that allowed our Yorkie to be with us. We had to keep her in her cage in the car. Thankfully we take our vacations when the summer is over, usually in the fall. I'm thankful for a hotel that will allow folks to keep their pets with them in the rooms - the Hilton even supplies doggie beds!

Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for that second honeymoon. I'm really enjoying looking at all of the things to do in Branson right now....

Post?slot_id=45961&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's so cool that it's doggie friendly, hope you have fun :-)

Angela said...

I would like to go there one day..I have heard so much about it.