Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Jan. 15


"Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.'" ~ Mark 10:27 (ESV)

Today's Thankful Thursday has me "looking ahead" rather than "reflecting on the past."

I'm in the process of reading the great book, Miracles, by C. S. Lewis. Do we see miracles today? I tend to believe so and I'm banking on it.

We have a lot of needs right now and sometimes it's difficult for me to separate the "needs" from the "wants." What I consider to be something I have to have for survival, another person might well believe to be merely a luxury. Still, enough money to pay the electric and gas bill must qualify as a need because without those utilities, our family will freeze to death in a town where the temperature, as I write, is only 1 degree F. above zero.

So I'm trusting God because He's promised that, although things look bleak and miserable, He's more than able to turn the situation around. What is impossible for me is nothing for Jesus to accomplish.

Today I'm thankful for:

  • Friends and Family
  • God's revealed Word to mankind
  • Great writers who leave us a rich legacy of literature
  • Food on the table
  • The United States of America and the great privilege of being born an American
  • God's promise that no matter what man can do to me, nothing can take away the love of Christ and the eternal life I'll enjoy with Him some day (not to mention the daily walk with Christ I have here and now)

4 comments:

More Than Words said...

Amen!! That was beautifully said!

Great TT list!!

Laurie Ann said...

Wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

Very lovely post sweetie.

Anonymous said...

"So I'm trusting God because He's promised that, although things look bleak and miserable, He's more than able to turn the situation around. What is impossible for me is nothing for Jesus to accomplish."

very well said.. AMEN!!