Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday

I am officially "under the weather" with a nasty cold. I don't remember being sick so often over a winter in the past, but there probably were those moments. In spite of my misery, I chose to go to our church's Good Friday community service and I just sort of stayed by myself without getting too close to anyone else. (not to be snobby...just to keep from passing on my illness)

I have to tell you that I was so BLESSED! Many different churches from Gaylord were represented and the service was held at our church, Gaylord Evangelical Free Church, probably because of the size of the building. We had a song, then a short commentary on Scripture passages from one of the pastors - E-Free, Alpine Baptist, Free Methodist, Mount Hope Assembly of God, Friendship Church - then singing, then preaching, etc. Our worship leader and band led music, but it didn't matter who was "in charge" or whatever. All of the pastors served the large group communion and we broke bread TOGETHER in harmony.

This is what I've been wanting to see for a very long time - different denominations all united in Christ and realizing that we're ALL following the SAME LORD, the one who was CRUCIFIED, DIED, and ROSE AGAIN so that we can live with HIM FOREVER!

An interesting comment from one of the pastors - I think it might have been the Friendship Church - was that a "gift is not yours until you open it and claim it as your own."

No comments: