Saturday, May 19, 2007

Blueberry Thoughts



My sister-in-law sent me some homemade blueberry pie filling this week. It really has me in the mood for fresh blueberries. Trouble is, we don't have a good time finding fresh berries unless they're these tiny, low to the ground wild things. They are tasty, but they're tiny and hard to pick. Back in Indiana, we could go to countless blueberry farms and pick large juicy berries off big bushes without having to bend over. It was great and I miss that.

I guess the reason I'm getting sentimental about blueberries is because my dad and nephew left this morning to go back home. I already miss them even though Brandon (19) drank all of the milk in the house....grrr. Anyway, I always miss family and love having them here...hate seeing them go.

We had a full house with Brandon and Dad because friends from the other side of Indiana came the same time. They're a lot of fun. Gene is a conservation officer and has to retrieve drowning victims from Lake Michigan at times. He showed Josh some autopsy pictures to give him a feel for what being a CO sometimes entails. I refused to look at them. I don't have a stomach for that sort of stuff. Josh doesn't either because he said that part of the job would be AWFUL.

As for mushrooms? The whites are up now and they're finding them in the grass that grows along the woods where the sun shines.

No comments: