Monday, December 19, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - December 19


For Menu Plan Monday this week, I decided to post a picture of my favorite songbird, a cardinal. I was born and raised in Indiana. The cardinal is Indiana's state bird. This one was snapped from my Mom's window as she was lying on her bed, a few weeks before she passed on to Heaven. She loved to watch the birds as much as I do. I miss her this week more than ever. I find myself wondering what to get her for Christmas when I suddenly realize she is gone. Seeing this picture of the cardinal once again gives me comfort.

I still have to work this week so I had a bit of difficulty deciding what to make for Christmas Eve (our son and his girlfriend are coming) and for Christmas Day. Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, so we will be attending church, thus giving us less time to prepare a meal. But it can be done. Here's what I am planning:

Monday

Mini Meatloaves (done in muffin tins)
Baked Potatoes
Salads

Tuesday

Macaroni & Cheese
Oven Baked Chicken
Green Beans

Wednesday

Taco Salads
Refried Beans

Thursday

Goulash
Mixed Vegetables
Salads

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

BBQ Meatballs
Cheeseball & Crackers
Deviled Eggs
Veggie Tray & Dip
Lentil Soup
Coconut Custard Pie
Christmas Cookies

Sunday

Baked Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Smashed Squash
Corn
Home-made Bread


No comments: