Monday, July 25, 2016

Menu Plan Monday - July 25


Is it hot where you are? It is a much hotter than normal summer here in the north and I am LOVING it! Everywhere around me, people are complaining about being hot and how miserable they are. My response is always the same: Wait a few weeks and summer will be over. That's right. Here in northern Michigan, we usually experience cool, short (and I mean short) summers. We get six months of snow, nine months of temperatures below 60 degrees, and just a month or two of tolerable, warm weather.

This year I have the best garden I've had in about five years. Last year I got only a handful of tomatoes. This year promises to be much better. Last year I got NO green beans even though I planted three rows. This year I've already had a half bushel and canned six quarts. Last year I got NO zucchini. This year I've already harvested seven zucchini and yellow squash and the plants are loaded with blossoms and tiny squash. And the list goes on.

So, once again, for those northerners complaining about the hot weather, let's listen to you say how much you love the sub zero temperatures this winter. The ones who complain about the heat are generally the ones who complain about the cold. The truth is, only God can change the weather. Maybe people should pray more.

This week's Menu:

Monday

Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Macaroni
Green Beans (fresh from the garden)

Tuesday

Slow Cooker Caribbean Pork Chops
Baked Potatoes
Salads

Wednesday

Chips & Salsa

Thursday

Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
Applesauce

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Burgers on the grill (both veggie & beef)
Salads
Chips with Cottage Cheese

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: