Sunday, January 19, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - January 19

http://orgjunkie.com




Thought I'd just share with you some homemade pretzels. I wish I could say that they are gluten-free, but they are not. I made them for my dear husband, who was thrilled to eat them. Son number three sure enjoyed them too. It's been many years since I made them. They are fun and easy. You can find the recipe below my menu plan.

Here's what I hope to have this week:

Monday

Salads

Tuesday

Baked Potatoes
Green Beans

Wednesday

Zucchini Special (minus the cheese)
Meat Loaf
Mashed Potatoes
Stir-fried Veggies

Thursday

Home Fries

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Sloppy Joes
French Fries
Veggie of the day (?)

Sunday

On Your Own


Homemade Pretzels

 Place 1 cup very warm water in a mixing bowl with 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast. Allow yeast to dissolve. Add 2 TBSP sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt and give it a stir. Add to that, 2 TBSP softened butter or margarine and stir. Then add 2 3/4 cups flour and mix until well blended. Knead for a few minutes. Cover bowl and sit in a warm place for 20 or 30 minutes. Pinch off small portions of dough and roll into ropes; twist into pretzel shapes. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pan. Quickly toss in 2 TBSP of baking soda. Drop 2 or 3 pretzels in the boiling soda water at a time and cook for a couple of minutes. Take out of water with a slotted spoon and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated 475 degree F. oven for 10 or 12 minutes - until golden brown. Sprinkle with salt of your choice - the best is coarse grain sea salt.

No comments: