Monday, September 23, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - September 23


Wow, has it ever been a while since I last posted on my blog! I have been super busy with gardening, canning & freezing the stuff, and my son's illness. Last night we got a hard freeze (the furnace is running now) and almost everything in the garden is dead. The Jerusalem artichokes and the Brussels sprouts are fine and will be harvested yet this fall. I have tons of fennel and am not sure what to do with it other than put it in spaghetti sauce, etc. It has such a licorice smell and slight licorice flavor (when raw) that I tend to back away from it. I hate black licorice!

As for my son, his HSP is now in remission. It took almost six months for it to do so, but we are very thankful that it is repressed - for now. This is a disease that is forever in the body and will never go away completely. His kidneys are healing now and are working properly. It will take a full two years to heal them and be able to say they are completely well. A huge PRAISE goes out to the God of healing - He is good all the time!

Here is my menu plan for the week:

Monday

Fettuccine Alfredo with ham
Garlic Bread
Salads
Cottage Cheese and Fruit

Tuesday

Baked Potatoes
Buttered Corn

Wednesday

Crusty Bread

Thursday

Sloppy Joes
Peas and Carrots

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Indiana

Sunday

Indiana

1 comment:

Secondary Roads said...

I'm so glad to read that your son's disease is in remission. PTL!

I miss having jerusalem artichokes. They made such a nice snack.