Monday, March 11, 2013

Book Review - Secret Gospel of Ireland by James Behan and Leo Behan






Secret Gospel of Ireland is written by James Behan and Leo Behan and is published by Skywest Publishing.

When I first saw this book I thought of the type of lush green that you see on the book's cover. Beautiful. As I read through the text I realized that not all of history is beautiful. Through the centuries, the world has seen numerous wars and fights for religious freedom - much of them bloody. Still, there were those mighty men of God who strove to bring Christianity to the nations.

Some of those Christians were those who were influential to the cause of Christianizing ancient Ireland. They included Augustine, Martin Luther, and Thomas Aquinas. The authors do a good job of giving a thorough study of these men and others who helped to shape the early church.

Secret Gospel of Ireland is such a thorough study that, if you tend to be a fast reader, might be too much to take in. However, if you are one who enjoys a whole lot more than fluff, you will love reading this book. As for me, I learned a lot but didn't always understand some of the material presented.

I do think that this is a very good book and I think I'll reread it at some time. There is a lot of valuable material contained within its pages.


No comments: