Friday, November 09, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 9


Today I am thankful for my job. This winter, when it will look more white than the above photo (we are in the snowbelt of northern Michigan), I will likely have to continue walking to work - the library across the road. I don't mind, though, because it gives me a chance to get out of the house and be with other people for 20 hours a week. I am able to continue homeschooling my two youngest children. They often come to the library with me and work on their stuff there, in the peace and quiet that the library affords.

It is only November 9, but I have nearly finished my Christmas shopping, including sending a gift of money to my sponsored child (through Compassion International), Nehemie, in Africa. Christmas has always been a huge burden due to the fact that my husband makes lower commissions in the winter. With the extra income from my job, we are not only able to pay our bills on time, but we are also able to buy gifts for our family and loved ones.

This is a HUGE blessing! Praising the Lord that I only have a few smaller items and stocking stuffers to come up with.

No comments: