Saturday, June 16, 2012

Food Issues? The Value in "Free" Magazines & Books


If you have food allergies or sensitivities, you might be interested to know that there are free resources out there to help you "plan" your meals.

 My husband is diabetic, so I like to grab a Diabetes & You magazine when I'm in Walgreens. Each issue is free. It is also available online. It has good articles and recipes that I feel have helped me learn more about this disease and how to plan good food choices for my husband.

Amazon.com has a lot of free cookbooks (digital) available at different times. This month you can find recipe books for diabetic cooking, gluten-free cooking, vegetarian cooking, dieting, and more.

Speaking of Amazon.com, they have free food magazines (again, digital), all of the time. You can go here for Cooking Light.

If you visit Kikkoman's website, you can add your name and address to get a twice yearly issue of their food magazine, K.

Granted, not all of the recipe books and magazines are geared toward those of us who suffer with food issues, but most of them address healthy eating, which is good for everyone.

No comments: