Thursday, May 17, 2012

Crafting for Profit


I made the bag in the picture above last year using double strands of yarn and knitting in a reverse stitch. I have since "tested" this bag to see if it would be durable. It has become my Bible and devotional bag. Did it pass the durability test? Absolutely! I am now in the process of making a few more book (or other stuff) bags to put up on my Etsy shop.

Etsy is a good venue for those who want to sell their homemade products. My sister is my Etsy partner and she is currently listing rag rugs that she crochets/weaves together. My friend, Jenn, sells her handmade quilts and other quilting projects on Etsy.

Other crafty people have sold their wares on E-bay or Bidcorral. Others sell at Farmer's markets or craft shows.

Having a home business that specializes in something unique and useful is big right now. Doing one's best to keep busy is vital. Blessings on your own income-earning ventures.

No comments: