Thursday, April 26, 2012

When Mom Gets Sick

I hate to say it. I had been bragging to my family about my good health since changing my eating pattern. When I let my ego get the best of me, I often have to brace for the fall. That's what happened to me these last couple of weeks.

I have some allergies as well as quite a bit of sinus headaches. It should have come as no surprise when my ear stopped up and I began to hear a loud buzzing noise. I have been hearing that loud buzzing noise for more than two weeks. It never stops. After taking an antihistamine with a decongestant for 9 days, I'm sad to say that the buzzing just goes on and on, along with the clouded feeling in the ear. Today the doctor gave me different meds to try. He says this is Plan A and Plan B combined. If taking a steroid and a nasal spray (with antibiotics for backup if I get considerably worse over the weekend) doesn't work, we go to Plan C. I don't want to think about a Plan C.

Now, here's what happens when Mom has a constant, nagging buzzing going on in her head: she can barely function throughout the day. She feels as if she's going to go crazy. In other words, she doesn't do her housework.

There you have it. I have not been doing the dishes regularly. I have not made a menu plan for this week. I have not vacuumed and I have not done very much laundry. All I want to do when I get home from work is go to my bed and lie down - the ear doesn't buzz so loudly and feels better when I'm lying down.

There is nothing wrong with asking your children and your husband to pitch in and help when you're down. It's not child labor or mistreating your hubby. It's called cooperation. It'll be my turn soon enough and then I'll treat everyone like kings (and queen).

No comments: