Monday, April 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - April 30, 2012


Last week I did not do a menu plan. I also didn't cook very many meals; instead, I begged my family to do it for me. I have been having a very big problem with my sinuses and one of my ears - due to allergies. Three weeks of allergy problems, to be exact. It's not over but seems to be on the wane. I have learned a few things through this ailment of bad allergies. First and foremost is that allergies can mess up a LOT. Secondly, nasal spray is not a product that I like - I can taste it as it works its magic and lets drainage go down my throat. Yucky. Lastly, one can actually research health symptoms on the internet TOO MUCH. I did this and was convinced that I was either going to go deaf or simply die.

This week's menu plan reflects my heart's desire to get our finances under control rather than let our finances control us. I went to the grocery store (actually, two stores) with cash. I vowed not to spend more than the cash I had in the "envelope." That, my friends, is not an easy thing to do, especially since I am feeding a family of seven on a budget of $100.

I did it, though! I spent $8.00 less than my budget. Of course, that meant not buying anything but the essentials (some paper products and cleaning supplies were included in that total). I bought nothing from the gluten-free aisle. I will have to subsist on canned fruit and frozen veggies this week, but I can do it.

Here's the plan for the week:

Monday

Burgers on the grill
Scalloped Corn
Lettuce Salads
Apple Pie

Tuesday

Green Beans
Applesauce

Wednesday

Taco Salad

Thursday

Cole Slaw Saute
Strawberry Smoothies

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Cook-out with Hamburgers & Hot Dogs
Potato Salad
Chips & French Onion Dip

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: