I have made scrapbooks for each of my three oldest children for graduation gifts. They love them. However, I have never worked with digital scrapbooks. MyMemories.com is a digital scrapbooking software company that makes digital scrapbooking not only fun, but easy.
Since I am so green at most things digital, I decided to really play around with my new scrapbook software in order to get a real feel for it. After an easy download experience, I received an e-mail from MyMemories. In it were ideas for projects other than the traditional scrapbook. I was intrigued.
So here's what I did. I made a recipe book page using a recipe I'd received from a company by e-mail. I opened up one of the templates that came with my digital scrapbooking software from MyMemories.com. Then, I easily cut and pasted a picture of the final product from the recipe e-mail onto the template. Under that, I typed into a text box the recipe itself. As for the recipe title, I typed that in another text box to the left and above the picture. I intend to make a full recipe book over time....it'll take me a while!
Some facts that I've noticed while using my new scrapbook software:
- The download can take a little time, but if you're using a broadband or other high speed connection, shouldn't be too cumbersome.
- It uses Quicktime (at least it does for me).
- It takes a while to get used to and understand, but the website has helpful user guides, a tutorial, and technical support. In addition, they have a helpful blog.
- You can do a lot more than simply make scrapbooks.
- You get a lot with the initial software package. If you want more, it's there for sale at decent prices.
- It's addictive.
If you would like to win your own copy of My Memories Suite, here's what you do:
- Mandatory entry: Tell me what you would like to create with digital scrapbooking software in a comment. Please leave your e-mail address so I can contact you should you win.
- "Like" MyMemories on Facebook and tell me you did so in a separate comment.
- "Follow" MyMemories on Twitter and tell me you did so in a separate comment.
- "Follow" Following31 using Google Connect and tell me you did so in a separate comment.