Monday, May 30, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - May 30


Happy Memorial Day - and Menu Plan Monday. You can find meal plans every week at Organizing Junkie.

My father and my grandfather (below) both served with the United States armed forces and I want to honor them, as well as the countless other Americans who have given their all - and sometimes that meant their lives - for our freedoms. Enjoy what you have because you don't know when the freedoms will come to an abrupt halt. Men and women across our country fought hard to ensure that you can live in "The Land of the Free."


As for our meals this week, I'm late putting this up because I began to run low on ideas. I still struggle with the meat issue but I'm getting beyond that. I'm learning that, since my husband really likes to have meat and I don't, I simply have to make a variety of food at each meal. Thankfully I'm a woman and can multi-task quite well. I have found that I can even read a book and watch TV while cooking something on all four burners, the oven, and the microwave - all at the same time! One of my husband's busiest days of the year at work is Memorial Day, one son will be with her girlfriend and her family, and another son will be at work so tonight's meal will be simple.

Monday

Taco Salad
Brown & White Rice Blend Spanish Rice (mix half & half)
Applesauce

Tuesday

Chicken Fettuccine (rice noodles & chicken served separately)
California Blend Vegetables
Garden Salads

Wednesday

Brown Rice Elbows & Cheese (for gluten-free eaters)
Sourdough Bread

Thursday

Scalloped Potatoes
Smoked Sausage
Green Beans

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Brats, Hot Dogs, & Burgers on the Grill
Chips & Dip
Fresh Veggie Salad
Pizza Salad *recipe below*

Sunday

On Your Own


*Pizza Salad*

1 lb. box rotini pasta, uncooked (brown rice noodles are great in this dish)
1 small pkg. pepperoni
1 small can sliced black olives
Bottled Italian Salad Dressing (Oil based)
Your choice cheese, optional

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Mix together, in large bowl, pasta, pepperoni, olives, optional cheese, and enough dressing to make it good and moist. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.

No comments: