Sunday, May 15, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - May 16

Menu Plan Monday is found at Organizing Junkie.

A sweet gal in our Sunday night life group bought me the Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook. I'd shared a few weeks ago my frustrations with trying to cook for my husband and not knowing how to make his meals tasty yet diabetic friendly. I was so touched by my friend's thoughtfulness that I nearly cried when she, almost embarrassingly, handed me this cookbook wrapped in red paper. I'm telling you, she's in touch with God and she uses her spiritual gifts for Him - one of them is hospitality sprinkled nicely with compassion.

The cookbook is a good one in that it not only has literally tons of slow cooker recipes but it also has information about carbohydrate counting and balancing everything out. It's one I will keep and use for sure.

For those of you making homemade yogurt in your slow cookers: I made a large batch a couple of days ago and used Greek yogurt as the starter culture - and I've had the thickest batch of yogurt I've ever had as a result. It is SO good! We used some for strawberry smoothies tonight and my husband ranted and raved about how smooth and tasty they were. I always use very little sugar in our smoothies and the plain yogurt gave it a certain zing.

Here's what we're planning this week:

Monday

Chicken Piccata (subbing vinegar for white wine)
Asparagus w/Cheese Sauce
Oven Roasted Potatoes
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tuesday

Taco Salad
Chili
Peaches

Wednesday

Baked Potatoes
 Cabbage Saute
Biscuits

Thursday

Baked Pork Chops over Wild Rice
Green Beans
Tapioca Pudding

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Mashed Potatoes
Zucchini Pie

Sunday

On Your Own

No comments: