Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Thankful Thursday - March 3

“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures forever!”
~ 1 Chronicles 16:34 (ESV)


I'm using the verse that Iris did for this week's Thankful Thursday. Everyone is meeting at her blog to link up this week, and for the month. Please go check out the other thankful blogs and maybe link up your own.

The Lord IS good. I'm amazed at all of the wonderful things that have happened - and have happened because of Him. This month I've had much opportunity to give thanks and praise to the Lord for added income, all of which we had not expected. Here and there checks showed up in the mail. We didn't expect them and, at times, wondered who was behind them. We are at the point now where we say, " GOD is behind them!" During the winter months, we struggle with the income/bills ratio. Somehow, we always break even.

Speaking of bills, February 2011 marks a victory. We paid the last payment of a $43,000 debt - paid off in five years. It has been a strain on our budget to continue making the large payments, but we did it. We are now breathing a huge sigh of relief - and thanksgiving. We know that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer. He cares about us. He shows His great power.

Today I got up the nerve to tell two ladies in our homeschool group that my children and I are dropping out. This was extremely hard for me to do, yet I strongly felt - and still do - that it is a move we must make. The group is a good one, but it is not serving the purpose it should for our family. I am finishing my 17th year of continuous teaching at home. It has been a joy, a blessing, and even a great source of irritation. Through it all, I still believe we have been doing the right thing, for our family. At this stage in the game, with another eight years to go, I don't need another play time for my children. I desperately need a support group. I need to talk candidly with other mothers, mothers who have also struggled through the years. The ladies I spoke with today heard me and have told me that they agree. Perhaps something good will come of my willingness to obey the Lord's voice in bringing this matter to their attention.

Spring is coming and I've received the seeds with which to plant it. I can't wait for it.

How has your week been? For what are you thankful? Above all else He's blessed you with, remember that "He is good and His love endures forever!"

6 comments:

debi9kids said...

wow! You have SO much to be thankful for! What HUGE blessings that have come your way.
God is so good!

Casey said...

Wow, what wonderful blessings! God is so good

tammi said...

Isn't it amazing how God provides?? We experienced a mysterious cash gift in the mail this winter, too. So humbling and such a great blessing all at once!

Maude Lynn said...

Congratulations on paying off that debt!

Susan said...

Amen! Great post! Yes, God is so good and he does provide. What great blessings this week!

Joyful said...

Wow! It's such a blessing to me hear how the Lord has blessed you with income when you didn't expect it. Blessings :-)