Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thankful Thursday - December 9

Everybody is meeting at Grace Alone for Thankful Thursday this month. I'm really late posting this, but I'm going to do it anyway.

In the midst of the storms in life, we can be sure that God hears our prayers. The Bible says that the prayers of the saints are a sweet smelling incense to him. I like that. "And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand." Revelation 8:4 (KJV) I'm trying to fit prayer into my daily routine - I spend countless hours in Bible study but I don't always put a lot into my prayer life. I'm going to change that.

Today I'm thankful that I can KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that I am saved.

"He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace." 2 Timothy 1:9 (NIV).

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not." 1 John 3:1 (KJV).

"For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord [invoking Him as Lord] will be saved." Romans 10:13 (AMP)

"And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:26 (NKJV)

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." John 11:25 (KJV)

I'm also immensely thankful for the Holy Scriptures. It's God's love letter to us.

No comments: