Monday, December 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - December 13

We got a huge snow storm last night and today. It quit for a short while and then the lake effect stuff began. Tonight, the wind is blowing and the snow is coming down in sheets - or should I say blankets. It's to get down to -1 overnight. Winter is really kicking in. The view below is after my husband and oldest son shoveled the drive and cleaned off my son's car. We were unable to make it to church because of the road conditions - the police requested people stay home. Schools have all closed for tomorrow. Makes me wonder what the rest of the winter is going to be like.


When it's nasty outside, we think of "comfort foods." I tried to include many of them for this week's menu plan. I hope you'll be encouraged to come up with some comforting items for your own menu plan. As always, remember that Organizing Junkie is the place to meet.


Monday

Asparagus & Cheese Sauce
Coconut Bars

Tuesday

Salads
Peaches
Sugar Cookies (late-night snack)

Wednesday

Turkey Tetrazzini
Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Bread

Thursday

Stacked Enchilada
Spanish Rice
Refried Beans
Chips & Salsa

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Roast Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Turkey Gravy
Corn

Sunday

On Your Own

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Your menu for the week looks yummy. How do you make the manicotti GF. My daughter and I have to be GF and I would love to make this. Thanks.

Tabby said...

Everything looks great this week. Hope the weather lets up for you!