Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010 - Hello 2011

Out with the old and in with the new. I think. A couple of years ago I quit drinking Diet Coke. Whew. That was HARD! I actually gave up anything with aspartame. I'm so glad I did. The first two weeks were sheer torture, however. I had horrific headaches - tried to ease them with regular soda but hated the super sweet taste. I took up coffee when I couldn't stand the headaches combined with sugar mouth syndrome. I drink coffee once or twice a day now and rarely touch a soda. I can't say that I never drink a regular pop now and then, though. I can, however, say that I don't touch diet pop whatsoever.

For about 8 years now, I've read the Bible through in a year. That's one "resolution" I've completely stuck with. I am not bored with the Bible. God's word is "new every morning." I can't get enough. For years I've used the plan included in Our Daily Bread devotionals. This year, I'm using something new. Read more about that in tomorrow's post.

In 2011 I plan to spend more time in prayer. It's the best stress reliever I've found. If you want to pursue a relationship with God, you have to talk to Him. Then listen. God isn't silent.

So.....do you have a New Year's Resolution for 2011?

Visit Island Life for Aloha Fridays.

No comments: