Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday - July 29

I'm a little late putting up a Thankful Thursday post, but I suppose better later than never. Thankful Thursday is linked up at Lynn's place this week.

I've been keeping busy and for that, I'm thankful. The Bible says that to be idle is not good. See Proverbs for verses pertaining to idleness, slothfulness, and the like. Idle gossip is something that occurs mainly because we don't keep ourselves busy enough. When we're bored, we're likely to resort to sin to "liven things up."

I'm SO thankful for some of the newer grocery products on the market. My husband has to have low sugar and carbohydrates and today there are more foods than ever that are either sugar-free or contain reduced amounts of sugar. This is really due to artificial sweeteners in abundance, which I really don't like, but they help Jeff to enjoy some desserts and drinks that he enjoys.

My daughter and I have had to go gluten-free - that is a real challenge in the kitchen. We have discovered the new Betty Crocker gluten-free mixes and we love them. We made the brownies last night and made a homemade cream cheese frosting flavored with carob powder. They were SO good! Thank you, Lord, for the ease of cooking that we modern-day women enjoy!

I'm thankful that my tomatoes are actually ripening! We have yet to pluck some off the vines, but I'm pretty sure that tomorrow we'll be able to pick some grape tomatoes.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week. I'm looking forward to the weekend!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I liked your list.

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

There are so many blessings to living in this time, when even dietary issues are made easy! Thanks for sharing your thankful list!

Living for Him, Joan

Unknown said...

Hi Rita,

When we're bored, we're likely to resort to sin to "liven things up."

Girl, you are so right......

Also, my tomatoes ripened a week ago and I canned salsa on Thursday. Yum and eeeeee. Hope your are just as tasty. Happy TT. BIG hugs, Lynn