Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Honesty - It's Rarely Ever Heard

I have found as I go about life that one "simple" little element seems to be missing - HONESTY! Lies, lies, lies abound. 

It's tempting to lie about something in an attempt to get myself off the hook when I've made a mistake. Who would know?

It's tempting to lie about something in order to get a financial or material perk. Who's going to check out my story?

It's tempting to lie about something in order to puff myself up and look a whole lot better than I really am. Nobody knows me that well, right?

The list goes on and on and on. 

The first lie originated all the way back to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden when the serpent formulated his lie. Isn't it interesting that more than 5,000 years later we still resort to lying when we think we're in a pinch?

Let's all try very hard to remain honest and true before the God who sees us, hears us, and knows us inside-out ..... even when there's nobody around. Enjoy the following video of Billy Joel and then keep the thought in your head, "Mostly what I need from you."




No comments: