Monday, May 31, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - May 31

I trust everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day here in the United States. We had a much needed string of showers run through here last night and this morning. My garden had turned to dust, which isn't saying much since the soil is mainly sand anyway. It's what we get for living on a peninsula and so close to the Great Lakes. Somehow I manage to grow something every year in spite of the sand.

Today is the last day of my garage sale and I'm watching for customers as I type this menu plan. The menu is pretty slim because this is spring and what I put up for the winter has been depleted. The freezer is fairly empty except for the moths that our son, Jonathon, has put in there (thank goodness they are in old cottage cheese containers and not falling loose as they have in past years).

I need to find a really good gluten-free bread recipe. So far, I have not found one that makes me drool. I did read that the secret to great tasting gluten-free bread is the use of several different grains. If you use mainly rice flour, you're going to have a tasteless bread - which is what I have.

Visit Organizing Junkie for Menu Plan Monday and link up your own menu.

Monday

Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
Mashed Potatoes
Watermelon

Tuesday

Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese
Pineapple

Wednesday - Breakfast Night

Pancakes
Scrambled Eggs
Applesauce

Thursday

Sloppy Joes
Macaroni Salad
Green Beans

Friday

Pizza & Pop

Saturday

Venison Steak & Gravy (Crockpot)
Mashed Potatoes
Sauteed Cabbage

Sunday

On Your Own




No comments: