Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rachel Ray Griddle - Review

I am so proud to give you this review about the Rachael Ray double burner griddle that CSN Stores sent me to test!

This griddle is big - 18" x 10" and has an inch edge around it. In one corner is a pourable "spout" that allows the cook to pour out grease and other liquids without making a mess of the kitchen counter. It's made out porcelain enamel and is actually quite heavy. It has a nonstick interior and the handles are made of silicone - they're supposed to be oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. On top of all that, there is a lifetime limited warranty on the product.

To try this fancy griddle out, I decided it would be fun to make a Rachael Ray recipe. We chucked the meatloaf we had on the menu plan for last night and looked for a good recipe using ground beef. What could be more perfect than the Long Boy Tex-Mex Burgers that we had just watched Rachael make on her show a couple of days earlier? Before I continue, I have to tell you that this is not a healthy recipe at all. The burgers are 1/2 pound each and I'm sure they're loaded with fat and cholesterol. 


Now that you have been warned about the huge burgers and their not-so-healthy properties, let me tell you how well they cooked and how good they tasted done on this griddle.




Our Long Boy burgers were tasty and reminded all of us of those gourmet hamburgers you get in fancy restaurants. I'm not exaggerating either. You'll have to try them for yourself to get an idea of what I mean.

This is a great griddle. In all, we made seven burgers, all at once, without having to cook some and put them in the oven to keep them warm while more cooked. They cooked evenly, though the smaller burgers could be done in the center because that is where the heat was a little less (between the burners.)

We have a gas stove, so I do wonder how the bottom of the griddle will hold up after many uses. It seems as if the pans get messed up more because of the flame. Time will tell. As for now, though, I LOVE this griddle.


And if you're in the market for the same griddle, CSN Stores has them at a price less than what you'll see in many other stores. I priced them to be sure.

No comments: