Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mothers and Breast Cancer Awareness



Mother's Day is coming up soon. Some of us are blessed to still have our mothers with us - others are not so blessed. Breast cancer continues to be a major factor in women (and even men) losing their lives early.

I feel that I have been doubly blessed with a mother who is still here - and who is a believer in Jesus. She is approaching 80 years old. I have a wonderful relationship with my mom and love her dearly. I will miss her when she does reach Heaven, but it won't be for long because I'll join her there one day.

My prayer is that she never has to suffer with something so terrible as breast cancer. I pray the same thing for my own precious daughter.

So the question is, what can I (or we collectively) do to make sure that breast cancer is obliterated?

I tackle everything with prayer first. God continues to do great things in the lives of His people. He also works through people to accomplish great things.

The She Colors my Day Project is working with mothers and daughters around the world to celebrate the bond between mothers and daughters - and to raise awareness of the need for a cure. A cure is out there but we need to find it. Any donations to this project will benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s /Women’s Cancer Research Group bio marker project.

While you're checking out the She Colors my Day Project, be sure to check out the video and song by Amy Grant. 



No comments: