Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - April 19

I have been planning my menus for close to a year now and am so very glad I do. I woke up Friday morning with a stomach flu - bad news since I was scheduled to have some medical tests done that morning. They are rescheduled (again) for Tuesday morning. Let's hope and pray nothing else gets in the way. That said, here is why I am SO glad I make out menu plans:

My husband was able to easily prepare the meals the last two days while I lay in bed sick! The menu was posted on the refrigerator, along with recipe book pages, and voila - he and the kids were fed without too much fuss.

Here's a plus - the kids pitched in and did up the dishes both days that I was so ill.

Now I'm feeling a bit better and able to look at pictures of food without feeling as if I have to run to the bathroom. Here's what I decided to make:

Monday (Jonathon's 19th birthday)

Spaghetti Alfredo (no fettuccine noodles!)
Garlic Toast
Salads
Cottage Cheese
Strawberry Cake w/Cream Cheese Frosting


Tuesday

Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes (for the picky ones who won't eat the soup!)

Wednesday

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Potato Salad
Corn

Thursday

Pizza & Pop

Friday

Taco Salads
Fruit
Refried Beans
Chips & Salsa

Saturday

Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes

Sunday

On Your Own

Don't forget to visit Organizing Junkie for other great ideas in menu planning.

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! The sauteed cabbbage sounds intriguing.. Have you had it before?

Have a great week!
Sherry

NorCalMom said...

Looks like a great menu.

It is wonderful that your husband pitched in and took care of the meals AND the kids did the dishes.

Hope you are feeling better soon and good luck on your tests tomorrow.