Saturday, February 06, 2010

I hope all of you, my friends, are doing well. I did not get up a Thankful Thursday post this week, or a Saturday Scripture Speaks either. This has been a week like no other.

I caught another cold and am posting this in between some sneezes and coughing fits. That's not the worst of it, though. On Thursday, following dental appointments for my husband and me, our one and only mode of transportation - that junker of a van about which I've told you so much - died. We had a mechanic look it over and he told us it would be insane to try to fix it; it would take thousands of dollars as it is an engine problem. There are more than 228,000 miles on it.

We have wonderful friends who have loaned us their pick-up truck for a bit while we search for an affordable vehicle. It takes a lot of gas but it is a lifesaver at this point. If my husband can't get to work, we're in trouble!

Please pray that we can find something that is decent enough to last a while and that is VERY cheap. I say very cheap because we virtually have nothing to spend.

We're trusting God.

The bright spot in the midst of all of this is that my dentist said that I have nice teeth and no cavities. I smiled over that! I do have to have some old fillings capped sometime (maybe in the next year) due to them being old and breaking over time. The last time I had a cavity was nearly 30 years ago. I felt so very old when he said, "It happens with age." Ugh.

No comments: