Saturday, December 19, 2009

Miscellaneous

We went Christmas shopping tonight - for the first time this year. We were gone a total of 1 1/2 hours. It is a 20 minute drive to town. That gives you an idea of how long it took us to complete this little task.

I noticed that Christmas shoppers are not out in full force as they were in years past. I wonder if it is because we have less people living up here - a lot of left because of the bad economy - or because people are spending less. Or could it be that everyone is already finished shopping or maybe they haven't even begun yet?

Well, regardless, I didn't see any huge bargains out there. One thing I do want to point out is that Walmart informed me that they are only accepting coupons from home printers if they are from Smart Source. I don't know what your Walmart is doing - this is just the one up here. They stated that they have had a HUGE amount of fraudulent coupons run through there in December. Good thing the only home printed one I was redeeming was a Smart Source one!

My two eldest sons are returning home tomorrow following their trip to Indiana. Please keep them in your prayers. It's a funny thing - it's snowing down there and nothing is happening up here!

1 comment:

na said...

The stores have been terribly crowded down here...and the shoppers are typically in not-so-nice moods. That makes it a real joy to go grocery shopping! I completed my Christmas shopping months ago and am so happy for that!

We had a wonderful time with the boys while they were here. I am so glad that they made it home safe!