Monday, June 22, 2009

Your Eyesight and iLasik

I have thought about having a LASIK procedure on my eyes done for a long time. I have very poor eyesight and can't go anywhere (even in the house) without wearing my glasses. I've learned to live with it. My children, however, have not.

My oldest son wears contacts. My next son has glasses but won't wear them most of the time because he hates them. I'm going to talk about my older son and his contacts because he's at an age that he can get a corrective procedure done AND he spends out the wahoozle on contacts and supplies.

If you think that the Lasik procedure is expensive, you're right. If you think that wearing contacts is even more expensive - in the long run - you're right. It's estimated that someone Josh's age will have spent $24,680 in contacts and supplies over his lifetime. Ugh. Compare that to about $5000 for iLASIK and you understand a little better what I'm trying to say.

If you're seriously considering having this procedure done but aren't sure how you can pay for it, check with your health care savings account if you have one. Most of them are now allowing for it. I, for one, would love to wake up in the mornings with 20/20 vision.

Post?slot_id=40377&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: