We hit some "bumps in the road" this past week and it's been a bit stressful, but the Lord allows nothing more than we can handle; it's His promise. We'll be OK.
This week I'm thankful for:
- My son, Ryan, turned 11 a couple of days ago. I'm so thankful to have him. I'm thankful for his giving heart. He always offers to loan us money! I'm so thankful, also, that I didn't adamantly insist on only one or two children. I wouldn't have the blessings I have today if I had.
- The rain we've had has really made the garden jump. I am now battling weeds but that is better than having a dried up garden that I have to water myself. It's better to have rainwater on the garden and it's easier on our pocketbook too.
- Our neighbor and good friend brings us surplus food now and then. She had two large boxes today and it came at just the right time. We have lots of corn flakes!
- Our neighbor, Neil, brought over his young daughter to play with Amanda today. We always enjoy our visits with Neil and his family and were so thankful they popped in.
- More than anything, I'm thankful to God for giving me a love for Him that never goes away. "How great is our God..."