Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tags - Blogging Thoughts and CRIME

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6X1nDAAVU2k/SjZmzIy5aTI/AAAAAAAAAeE/az-V26rqgvQ/s320/Neno.jpg


The question has been posed, "Why blog?" I blog for several reasons. I started back in 2004 with "Power Writing for Kids." This was a blog for kids who wanted to learn to be writers. A few of these kids are still in contact with me today and it is a GREAT BLESSING to have met them and made friends with them.

I later dropped that blog as I became busier and busier with five children in our homeschool. Then, when time eased up a bit, I started up this blog, Following 31, because I felt led to witness and encourage women who wanted to be Biblical wives, mothers, and homemakers. It's since branched out to folks in all walks of life who feel a connection to the whole Proverbs 31 Woman thing.

I've had my ups and downs with this whole blog thing. At times I've felt the urge to quit, especially after facing off with an internet stalker - someone I do know in real life. When I weighed in the balance who would be hurt if I quit I realized that a whole lot of people would suffer. I faced the giant and feel that, with God's hand in it, good prevailed.

I now blog because I enjoy encouraging and receiving encouragement from others. I've made friends that I know will be life-long friends through blogging. I will continue to do so until the Lord leads me elsewhere.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj_JL51B0GVXRBCl3OsmrT5wAxRy0sMMWQpavsF9HP-icXHtUU1FJylYuJ1SP_kDXLvWfdLbAgaDQtNZBwQIUtYmuQ8sFHoFCgtI6l31RMC9r2z5oktgWrcs4h3kVk8EpKGl7kH/s320/Tag%5B1%5D.jpg

The other item of interest is this Plagiarism is a Crime tag. This pretty much says it all. Plagiarism is taking someone else's words and passing them off as your own. It's illegal and if you do it and are caught, can cost you big time money and possibly time in jail.

Bloggers sometimes think they can get away with stealing someone else's blog posts. People do it all the time when they copy something and then pass it off in e-mails mass produced. As a writer myself, I am HIGHLY offended at the thought that someone might pretend to have written what I wrote myself.

If you're too stupid to think up your own blog posts, quit blogging. Nobody expects you to come off sounding like Earnest Hemingway or some other famous writer. They come to your blog to read what YOU wrote.

As a side note, don't steal photos either. They are copyrited as well.

If you'd like to do one or both of these tags, feel free; just write your own words!

2 comments:

na said...

This is a great post Rita! Stealing pictures is despicable too!

JLaine said...

You're a 'veteran' blogger, I should say.. blogging has been unheard of ( at least for me) in 2004.. and I'm glad you didn't quit blogging, you've got great, inspiring posts.